Friday, April 10, 2009

An I'm sorry......

There's not much more heartfelt in this world than an "I'm sorry note" from a child........

......Gabbi had a rough weekend last weekend- and she thought we were the meanest parents in the whole wide world because we made her clean up her room and parts of the house that she left cluttered and trashed in her wake. (Tasmanian devil or Peanut's Pig-Pen come to mind here.....)

Gabbi gave me this last night- complete with the flowers taped to it as I pulled in to the garage. And she looked me straight in the eye and apologized for this last weekend....

I could have been hurt and angry about the things she had said in her phonetically spelled rant- but I know that she is growing up- and smart.... she took her anger & frustrations with me.... about me on paper- she was just not forward thinking enough to destroy the evidence... and her sister was only too happy to hang her out to dry by showing me what she had written..... but that's another story all together there.......

No comments: