Monday, April 13, 2009

Era gone by????

I have share with you a small part of my shoot from Saturday.....because it's just so danged fun!~
I love it when a plan comes together- and the planets align and pitch in some extra good luck. This was a make-up shoot from last month that got rained out and we need to get it done as it's for Dave & Tiffany's wedding anniversary. And even as ominous as the clouds were.... we did NOT get rained on as predicted!

I love shooting pix with Tiffany and her BFF&E Rosie. I've known this duo forever- and have shot with them several times- and trust me- nothing is sacred or dull with them around!!! My sides hurt from laughing!!!! And if there was audio to this shoot- we'd be in trouble- let's just put it that way..... :)

Tiffany and her alternate persona Fi-Fi came prepared with a trunk load full of props and clothes and shoes- and neither of these girls are afraid to change clothes in the car or alley way as needed (transients and drunks cat calling doesn't even phase 'em!) So we had a ball mixing and matching and playing with our surroundings in historic downtown Snohomish. The buildings and antique shops keep the feeling of an era gone by.... and with the props begged, borrowed and bought- we not only had fun- but recreated some shots that look like they could have been taken at several points in the last century.

I have to thank Miss Kim at Faded Elegance for letting us invade for a few minutes- her shop just exudes glamour and class from it's every nook and cranny. If you still haven't checked her out- take a few minutes- wonderful shop- my absolute favorite in Snohomish!!!!
http://www.fadedelegancestyle.blogspot.com/

I love this shot above in color as much as I do in sepia....




A last minute addition to our bag of tricks was this Asian inspired "little black dress"... I happened to have a couple of gorgeous parasols...(this was that extra bit of luck I mentioned before)... but we were quickly losing our daylight- and as luck would have it- we found a great tree- in bloom right on the river... so we got our "cherry blossom/geisha" pix too!

This however did not come without a price.... Rosie was covered in petal from maneuvering the delicate blooms to frame Tiffany- who was traipsing down a steep bank, in 4" pumps and climbing through baby blackberry brambles.... they were such great sports!!! But the results were stunning!

We finished in the garage studio to give her the "glam, pin-up" photos she wanted for Dave.


Let's just say- I think he'll love them....

....ya, think?????



Tiff- thanks so much for choosing me on this project- I had an absolute riot!!!! Love ya girl! & you too Rosie- you're next!
xoxo D

2 comments:

Miss Vicki said...

Phew, girls !
The heat that comes thru' the lens! and then the monitor!
A-Maz-ing!

Heidilynn said...

WOW yet those ladies look like they are from the era gone by. Are they the same whom did the pin up I saw last year? You are amazing Didi and your sibjects steamed up my computer here at work. I'll do that one day I have the bod and props ready... tone time!