Saturday, December 20, 2008

Zero


Yes folks- I did just say zero- as in degrees.... it's 9:15 in the morning- and it's zero- here on the west coast- ZERO!!!! I haven't seen this weather this cold in 16 years I've lived over here!!! It's clear blue skies and painfully cold....


Later........


I braved the cold- the thermometer read 5 degrees..... it is so cold in fact... that the snow that fell two days ago... has re-frosted.... meaning- it's so stinking cold right now- that moisture that was in the snow- has been pulled to the top and re-crystalized!!!!! OMGosh it's cold! Pretty sure my camera didn't like the cold... my auto-focus was very slowwwwwwwww... and I was a human popcicle by the time I got myself back home.....

2 comments:

leanne wright said...

Wow, I thought it was cold here. Nothing compared to you guys. My friend and I went to the last Raiders home game yesterday and we saw the Seahawks game on TV and I could not believe my eyes! Snow in Seattle?? NO way. The friend who was with me used to live in Bonney Lake, so she called her friend at that moment up in Washington to check on her and tease her about all the snow. We had snow here last week, but it was only in the higher elevations. Nothing like what you guys have had. What a nightmare! BUt what fun for the kids. And a white Christmas! How fun.

Didi (Dioncia) Von Bargen-Miles said...

Yeah- this is brutal for us up here- noone is prepared and folks can't drive it- and I for one don't want to be on the road with the fools who under/over drive it- safer to chill to home!