Monday, December 22, 2008

Yet another snow day...

As crazy as it is.... we got more snow last night and it covered everything that had been plowed and shoveled- it was starting from scratch. I tried to get out today for an appointment- and made it as far as the end of the block. I stopped at the stop sign- lost all momentum and spun out- three tries and I decided it wasn't ment to be. I got myself righted and headed back down the street to my garage- where it took three tries to get into my garage..... I made the call to stay home- just not worth wrecking my car going out.

We stayed in where it was warm for most of the day- a break in the weather and the kids went around the corner to play for about two hours. I baked two batches of sugar cookies and a batch of my killer chocolate chippers.

After the kids froze out- they came home and we decorated the cookies- hope all the nighbors like a lot of frosting......

My pretty little snow bunnies......


They were in the throws of a massive snowball fight when I came down to see what they were into.....


On the walk back home the sun was getting ready to set- it was so cool looking as it hung so low in the sky and making the snow glow all golden.....

You can see how slick the road is now that some traffic has braved it today.... kids were slipping and sliding just trying to stand up.... me I stick to the snow up to my knees- at least I'm confident I can stay upright that way.....

Hope you are dry and warm....... xoox D

No comments: