Saturday, September 19, 2009

Snapshots in my head...

As most of you know- I've been gone for a few days.... I had to go and say a final good-bye to a good friend. I had to go and support my family, and go through the rituals of letting someone go. There were tears, laughter, sad and nauseous feelings- lots of questions to be answered when asked by my sweet girls.

It was a draining experience- and I think made even more so by the fact- that I continued to try and be strong for all those around me- and to hold them up- that I haven't let myself down yet. So I guess if I crack like and egg one of these days- you'll know why. I had to say good-bye to my Grandma Dorothy- and her sweet- perfectly appointed little home- and the memorabilia and 'things' that made this home lived in and loved.

Take this rocker for instance- it's been in this same corner of the kitchen for as long as I can remember- and I also remember- that amongst us four grand-daughters- it was the most coveted seat in the house- you could rock yourself to sleep in it- providing someone else wasn't waiting for a turn....
This woman and this house- were strong in love- and faith- signs of her love for all living things- and her church surrounded her- they comforted her.

The trees and gardens- both vegetable and floral- were exceptional- always- a master gardener she was!


And the gate that led to a stone pathway to those gardens- always made me think I was leaving this everyday world- and walking into a fairy tale world.....

I loved spending time there.....

..... and fast forward back to today- and the long drive back home this evening... as we girls were perishing in traffic on the pass- an hour and a half - crawling along..... I was reminded that I have a new angel to watch out for me- and she left me a sign....

No comments: