Saturday, September 12, 2009

Seattle 3DAY- Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of the Susan G. Komen 3 DAY- a grueling 60 miles- in three days... all on foot! All of the participants had to raise 2K- minimum to take part- all going to the Komen foundation. All to raise awareness, and help to fund mammograms, education and research related to breast cancer. People walked for a million different reasons- but the common denominator- is cancer- in someone they love. In some way- we all want to help- to make it better, to take away their pain- to celebrate the ones who made it- and to mourne the ones we lost- and to cheer the ones who are fighting like hell- to fall into the first category....

My girls Nicky and Trish have been fundraising all spring and summer and I've been their resident stalker- trying to photograph this amazing journey, that they are taking together. So I was super excited I was able to spot them so quickly today- and to be able to connect with them as they took a break for lunch.....
And as I'm snapping away- I hear someone yelling my name... to my surprise I see Miss Lorraine- trucking right along! So I feel blessed to be a small part of celebrating and cheering my friends on- I'm sooooooo incredibly proud of them- and of all the folks- young and old, male and female, thick and thin- you are doing a most amazing thing- I'm so proud to have been a minute part of your amazing day!

My girls were along for the ride, yelling out the window and cheering along the miles of walkers!


The cars and costumes were a scream...
My girls and everyone else were feeling it by lunch time today... some stretching and re-fueling was definitely in order.

It's a time of remembering and celebrating....
I figured it would be the least I could do- so I put down my cameras and rubbed some feet and ankles....









No comments: