Sunday, August 29, 2010

Girls Day

I take things for granted... I do- and I'm ashamed to admit it.... but I'm not so proud that I'm not above trying to fix that tho!

I'm reminded daily in my dealings with people- of a life cut short or massively impacted and forever changed, and the phrase, "I just thought I had more time" or "someday".... and then you have no more some days.....and no more chances to make things right.

Of the times and trips I've taken this year showing my clients fun places to go and shoot photos of their family playing and experiencing new things... I had yet to bring my own kids to experience the Seattle and the Market. And I've lived here for 18 years- and had NEVER gone to the Needle! I know- lame....

So I took last Friday off- got the girls up early- stopped for gas and told them to go and pick out two packs of the most obnoxious bright colored bubble gum they could find. They both looked at me like I'd lost it.... And we were off! We did donuts from the bakery by the flying fish, rode the pig, checked out the cool vendors in the market, found the bubble-gum wall and the girls were grossed out and intrigued all at the same time- and yes- they contributed...... we walked and walked- I introduced them to Pirosky-Pirosky- YUM! And We walked some more.

We headed to the Space Needle and took the spendiest elevator ride in the history of the world... but we can now say that we've been there- done that. The views were spectacular- but we are all a bit wobbly and nauseous... and glad to be back on the ground. :) We checked out the cool exterior of the EMP- and then headed to Capital Hill for Cupcake Royale..... and they rocked!

We had fun- made some memories and soaked in some sun on a glorious day.

Don't wait- get out there and play- don't be left saying "I wish I had....."

Much love- Didi V








No comments: