Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You can always go home.....

It's so comforting to know- that even though I've been gone for coming up on 20 years (gasp in horror- I couldn't possibly be that old.....LOL) that some things just never change back home- and it's a good thing..... that standing up next the barn looking down the canyon- that the sky and the clouds are just as pretty and blue as they ever were....
That harvest time- (where I spent all four of my summers roasting in a grain truck) marks the winding down of the growing season, and tells us that as wonderful as summer has been- that it's time to start preparing for fall, and school.

That there is a perfection in a single stock of grain...

That the humming birds still flock to my parent's front porch, overlooking the canyon- because those feeders are always full- filled with loving care because my folks enjoy them so much.

That color and fun and whimsy are everywhere at my parent's home.
That history- whether it's our own family history or local history, is still alive and well- and cherished here at Rawhide Flats.

That sometimes... bailing wire really is still your friend....

And even a little weed like dog fennel is still your friend....

There is beauty in the everyday....

And the over-glamorized version.. a sign that my kids have been to Grammy's house. :)
Smile today- and find the beauty in your every-day! xoxo D

1 comment:

Roxie said...

Beautiful images! I love going home and to see how everything is still the same.