Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sorticulture

Today, as part of my relax and take a day off plan... I hopped in the mom-van with my girl Dr. Nicky and her mom, daughter & sis who are visiting from out of state. We attended Everett Parks "Sorticulture"... what fun! So many wonderful food and artisan vendors- your head spins- wondering where to look or shop first!

I felt more than a little conspicuous with my camera and monster lens on- but figured I'd see some great flowers as we were at the park and arboretum.... I couldn't believe how many vendors had signs saying "NO PHOTOS"(and I totally understand- the worry over folks stealing their creative ideas) .... so of course people were giving me the eye as I'm walking around.... oops- my bad....

There were a couple of vendors that I had a great time chatting with- and I asked permission to take a couple of shots because I loved the color and texture of their displays and they were gracious enough to let me play. :)



I purchased one of these delicious double dyed silk scarves as a prop ladies... think belly pix or pin-ups.... ooooh-la-la! :) I loved Vashon's own Sooze of Laughing Magpies,
"an emporium of color & delight" and was she ever! A great chat and FUN stuff!

Coeur d' Alene's John of Dog and Pup Studios- had some incredible art glass- wish I could have a window FULL of this amazing stuff! You can find them here:
It was a fun time with the girls. You should definitely look into attending this event next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Number One: YES! I want to attend next year.
Number Two: Did you buy my Christmas-Birthday-Mother's-Day- BadHair-Day gifts from this Fair??

Just checking.......