Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wack-a-doodle-weather

And for those of you who know me really well- you understand it if I drop everything mid sentence, grab my camera and dash out the door.... and not hold it against me......Me thinks that sometimes... I have P.A.D.D (Photographer's Attention Deficit Disorder).
Ron was about to put the meat on the grill- and asked me to go and retrieve the children from the neighbor's house where they were playing... when I was completely captivated by the enormous and varied typed of clouds as I looked down toward the corner.
My curiosity had to be satisfied- and I needed a better view- and as I grabbed the camera bag- Ron looks at me and shakes his head- "you have 7 minutes- at the very longest....." and the door slammed behind me on the way to the car- "did you tell the kids to come home????" ooops.... I forgot....
I was already driving about 5 blocks west to catch the setting sun and the huge cloud front coming by.... we've had sun, raging winds that knocked the power out for several hours, hail, rain and snow today- and some of it was all at the same time! Crazy Washington weather....
I didn't make it back in 7 minutes.. it was more like 12- but I did make it back in time for dinner! :)

1 comment:

Bears Fan said...

OH MAN, I love this first photo, your awesome!!! We have snow...about 2 inches on the roof's and trees and grass.
tracy