Wednesday, February 25, 2009

part deaux...

Inside this old silverware case (yet another antique saved at some auction or estate sale, bought for pennies- but is priceless to me...) that I refinished 20 years ago.... are the treasures I spoke of yesterday....
Just look at those glimmering beauties.... is any wonder I was fascinated as a girl?????

You don't see clutch bags like this anymore......
It's a toss up- I can't remember which of these two pale yellow pairs sparked the desire- the NEED to have them.... these were both from my G'ma Mannings jewelry box.... and even tho the luster has totally been worn of the faux pearls.... I still absolutely adore this pair above.... and the Carmen Miranda inspired sequin ones... well- I used to wear them- to school..... with my pale yellow deep V sweater and possibly leg warmers if memory serves correctly..... they were HOT- I used to get tons of compliments from the other little girls.... :) Lord help me! :)

Even the backs were fancy......

And even tho I poke fun at myself and some of the items... some are so absolutely sentimental... like this Aurora Borealis set- it was the first gift of jewelry that my G'pa gave to my G'ma Manning....



More Victorian inspired pieces- likely reproduction from the 20's-40's...

More beads and baubles- actually worn by my G'mas, Great G'mas & Aunties....







4 comments:

Heidilynn said...

Les part deux madam c'est ca.
GORGEOUS jewelry! Yet having been your roomie, I remember seeing some of those pieces. Stunning! Dare you to wea rthose at work! Would throw them all for a lu-lu.

Bears Fan said...

gorgeous shots, gorgeous jewels, well done Didi!!
tracy

Roxie said...

That jewelry is beyond FABULOUS!

Didi (Dioncia) Von Bargen-Miles said...

Thanks Miss Roxie- it's fun to pull them out and let my imagination swirl- what the outfits looked like that went with the costume jewelry.....