Sunday, February 15, 2009

Foul!!!!

Tip off!!!! Let's get ready to R-U-M-B-L-E!!!!!!! Oni's friend K snags the ball at tip-off- and away they went!
What a defensive game Oni's team had Saturday morning!!! The team they played was lightening fast- and crazy accurate- and they absolutely killed us in points....BUT.....!
We've never seen Oni play with this much passion and aggression!!! It was a thrill to watch!
This girl stuck to her like white on rice-
Oni stood her ground as she yanked the ball back from this girl

and as she helped her teammate wrestle the ball back into posession.....

And really took to heart what I've been telling her all week- at this point- take the foul if you have to- at least we know you're really in there trying......
And try she did- she actually fouled out of the game! She was in tears- and coach Mike called all the girls to the side for a group hug- he was so proud of her for really getting in there! We thought she was embarrassed at fouling out... and she came off the court after the game in tears again to me. I asked her why the tears??? I was never so proud- she rocked today!!! and then- I cried- she said, "no-mom- I'm crying because I'm mad- I wanted to play that last quarter!"
Sniff-sniff- I'm va-clempt here- talk amongst yourselves here!
Ho-rah! Now THAT is how you play ball!!!!!!
Go Red-Hot Fire Monkeys!!!!!

No comments: