Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hello Cupcake!

You know- there are some days- or in that case- some nights.... where I wonder what the heck was I thinking.....take last night for instance as it's nearing midnight- I'm finishing frosting the last of the 4 dozen confetti cupcakes, filled with vanilla pudding, topped with whipped vanilla frosting and dusted with sparkly colored sugar. To complete the look I topped that with little Luau inspired Hibiscus party picks... all in all- I think they turned out simple and cute. But there is a nagging doubt- are they cute enough???? Will the girls' friends think they are cute, too????...And then I realize- that it's just a cupcake and really- what are cupcakes but a delivery system for frosting anyway......
This is a crazy couple of weeks in our house.... the kids' birthdays are two weeks apart- so we take the weekend in the middle and have a joint party.... which has always worked out well.. but I wonder how much longer I can get away with it! (one party, one prep, one clean up- it's just so much easier....)

It was their call this year- I let them create their invite list and I have to say- I was surprised at the results.... some kids I figured they'd definitely invite from the neighborhood or basketball- "no, not this time"- and kids from school that I'd scarcely heard of... "yes- I want to get to know them better" on the list....so we'll see how it all goes.... and that whole process- good grief.... trying to get invites to their teacher for discrete distribution.... and other kids who don't get the discrete part once they've received an invite- and other kids with hurt feelings, "why didn't I get an invitation????? Can I come????" Oy-vey!

This evening's party should be great fun- we're doing the "moonlight" swim at the pool. The kids get to swim themselves silly for an hour with the lights turned down, and music playing. And then break for snacks and gifts... and then home and off to bed with them. Should be fun!
***********************************************************************************
But there is much to happen today before that all happens tonight. We have two basketball games, and I need to shoot team photos for Gabbi's team in between the games, then the party- and then we're having guests from my old school days who are in town, that are coming by for cocktail hour at Che Miles. :) Should be one crazy, crazy day!



No comments: