Friday, July 16, 2010

Bellingham Highland Games

So I know that I haven't been blogging much lately- and I do apologize for that. I have had several trips and adventures this year- and it is so good to get out and see friends and make a momentary break from my office chair.... but that means that I was away from my office chair- and not staying current on client photos.... so I've been diligently working all week and have moved some files off of my open desktop- *yay me!* And since I had a couple of minutes tonight- I thought I'd share my trip to the Bellingham Highland Games. This was their 50th year- and it was one heck of a party!

This event brings out a tremendous variety of people. From the performers to the costumed fantasy player, the bikers, the families, the athletes and those who are simply curious.... this event is a people watching bonanza!!! From the beautiful to the strange, the way over the top eccentric to.... I just don't even know what to say about that sho-lo-mullet-rat-tail stuff..... but it warranted a photo- because I knew for a fact that no one would believe me if I told them!If you have never attended- you should! The competitions, color and pageantry- the rites and rituals... and just the all out fun of it all! Make the trip next June- you'll be glad you did!


The beer gardens are a huge draw as well..... and it was good.... I worked the garden this year with my friends Karlene, Heidi and Jared- we were all sporting t-shirts that read 'Blue Ewe Brew Crew'.... and I wore it proudly. :) I had a ball talking with folks as I took their money and gave them their tickets to beer happiness from Boundary Bay Brewery!

No comments: