Sunday, February 7, 2010

Surf's up!

Surf's up! was the theme of the girls' birthday party this year again.... we did a pool party at the high school pool with some of the girls' friends from school.... what a loud and crazy-fun time!!!! (we had so much fun last year- we did it again- for the price- you can't beat it- and there's no prep or clean up!!!! You just show up with your treats and your guests and swim until you become a raisin!) I just wish they didn't have limits on the number of people you can invite... would have loved to incluede so many more!!! Too much fun! I made the confetti Bismark style cakes with banana filling, whipped icing for the topping and different colored sugars for the top- easy and delish!
They were a motley crew- and trying to get them all together for a group photo was a bit like herding cats....
These three are the birthday buddies.... Oni & L on the right are born on the same day and have been in class together all 5 years and H in the middle- is two weeks before- and she and Oni have been friends since before they were born- and in the same classroom 4 of 5 years- and they all love to hang out together- I love that!
I have no idea what was just said here.... but apparently it was quite funny....

The girls were ridiculously spoiled by their friends- and they said last night as we came home and unpacked and unwound from our crazed day, "we're awfully lucky, huh momma?" (pardon me while I get mushy here...) Onika looked at me and said, "Our friends are soooo nice... but I know that @@@@ doesn't really have the money for this gift- should we give it back to her????" I almost cried- we're quite possibly getting it right with this child....


there was a huge build up and some funny clues for this gift- and then when they opened it and realized what it was Gabbi totally freaked out....

We're so proud of our girls- and they are just growing up way too fast...... Happy Birthday my girls!!! I love you so....

No comments: