Monday, October 31, 2011

In the garden of good and evil.....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
I'm not sure if anyone understands the way my brain works most days.... and I'm sure that my kids certainly did not Saturday morning.... but after a little bit of prodding.... they decided to humor me.... and I'm so happy that they did....

I have wanted to go play in the gorgeous old section of the cemetery in Everett on Broadway for years..... it's incredibly beautiful- the gravestones are enormous and ornate, with wonderful moss invading the nooks and crannies.  The trees are Jurassic in size and the leaves are falling in a perfect orange and gold swirl all around on the emerald grasses.
{we paid special attention to stay on the paths and to walk the rows carefully- we wouldn't want to be disrespectful-
 just appreciative of the beauty around us there}

It was magic as far as the lighting went- sunny as the fog lifted... so it was dreamy and soft
....mmmmmm.....
And of course- I'm biased... but I got to work with two of the prettiest girls I know!
It was so funny to look back at how we spent the morning... because the rest of the day- was spent in sweaty gymnasiums in basketball gear- looking NOTHING like they had a few hours earlier....
I guess Lisa Leslie's book title says it best...
"Don't let the lip gloss fool you..."
Because they played like total rock-star jocks all day!
What a great day with my kids.
xoxox Didi V.

And now... back to our regularly scheduled workload...





1 comment:

jenny gg said...

awesome and spooky :)