Monday, October 3, 2011

Making Strides

Welcome to October- and Breast Cancer Awareness Month!!!!!!
Think Pink- think health, advocacy....and support.

Most all of us at some point in our lives, have been deeply touched by cancer.

Either you're a survivor, a caregiver, friend & supporter of someone who has it, has had it- or will get it.

I have been all of the above.....  so I champion non-profits like ACS and The Komen Foundation and volunteer whenever I am able.

I love that my girls have been joining me- walking the whole way- of their own volition since they were 5.  We fund-raise together, we walk together, we laugh together- and we cry together.  We celebrate our dear ones who have survived their monsters- and we honor those who lost their battle- by doing what we can every year to help bring us one step closer to ending cancer.
You can view the huge  gallery of images that I shot while volunteering and walking for ACS this weekend in the Everett/Snohomish County Making Strides 5K event here:


Go to the client gallery
Enter the password Strides2011
You can see the world through my eyes- If you were there and are a scrapper and want great photos of the event or  see photos of a loved one there and would like to order prints....

I'll donate the net profits of these event prints....to ACS for the whole month of October to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

As my sweet friend Nan used to say, "Do small things with love..."
This is my small thing.
{RIP in my friend}

No comments: