Monday, December 6, 2010

And she could go all the way....

WoW!  What an exciting opening weekend for our girls' rec-league season!  Both girls did great! (and I better start saving my one dollar bills.. told them I'd pay them a buck a basket- not sure how long I will be able to keep that up if they keep scoring like this tho!)

Oni made her first 3 point shot and a few other sweet swishes.  Gabbi had the first four points on the board for her team and played like a Pit Bull out there- she was aggressive and all over the place.  Both of their teams have a group of girls who've never played before... but I saw some diamonds in the rough out there!  Could be some really good athletes with some practice!  Can't wait to watch them grow.

All in all- our girls came out of the weekend with some new confidence as they helped to lead their teams- along with some new bumps and bruises.... casualty of playing aggressively I guess.  Gabbi took an elbow to the mouth in the last 2 minutes of the game and was sporting a really fat and bloodied lip for the weekend... but she's ready to go back out and hit it again!

So proud of my babies!
xoxo

No comments: