Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh Beautiful.......

When you see a photo of our flag....... can you hear the snap of the cotton as it blows in the wind?

Can you hear Ray Charles' version of ......'America, the Beautiful.... or your favorite version of The Star Spangled Banner..... Battle Hymn of the Republic....My Country 'tis Of Thee.......or even Toby Keith's Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue???? Does the sight of such and image make you stop and think? What does it evoke in you? Does it make you all giddy inside? Do you stand a bit taller in your shoes? Do you get a bit teary? Does it make you wonder what your life would be like living somewhere else? Does it make you think of what and where our service men & women are doing right now?

Does it remind you -that we are so blessed to live here- with all of the freedoms and privileges we are granted every single day in this country. All brought to us courtesy of the men & women who serve our country past and present, with unwavering faith, strength, pride and courage.

It does for me.... I can't stand and sing the Star Spangled Banner or America the Beautiful without crying. And when I see a flag billowing in the wind- against a killer sky- it makes me all giddy- I have so many photos I've taken of US flags.... the sight makes me happy- makes me smile big- makes me stand tall and say a little prayer of thanks. Thanks to the military men & women who serve- and do a job that frankly not many could or would.....
And regardless of your individual views on the current conflicts- please- take a moment to take stock and to reflect on all that is good in your life... and how different your life could be if you lived on a different continent.
If you feel so inclined- thank a vet- they take on the tasks of fighting, protecting and serving not just our country- but many others- by doing and seeing things that most of us- could never-EVER imagine.

To the vets in my life- and to the complete strangers..... Thank you- your service doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated in our home.
Much love- The Miles Family

No comments: