Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hello and Happy New Year!!!!

We rang in the new year surrounded by friends and family. Thomas and Heidi and baby T came to visit and stay over as it's a long drive home. We and most of the neighborhood bounced back and forth across the streets as several of us were hosting New Year's house parties.... what fun! Great food and plenty of bubbly and cocktails- and no one had to drive!

We (and half the neighborhood) took to the streets and lit fireworks at midnight and all the kids got giant sparklers from uncle Joel... it was crazy good fun. We tucked the exhausted kids in to beds (and some exhausted grown-ups too) and carried on until almost 3 A.M.!

The next morning we got up and I played Batista with the espresso machine and Thomas ran for donughnuts....mmmmm.....doughnuts!

My in-laws were on their way up to do late Xmas as the snow kept everyone home.... so we had kids galore on Thursday! It was fun- they played with their Xmas gifts and the Wii, and we feasted on the pulled pork and bbq beans that Ron made- and watched football. It was a fun day!
Buddy & Heather (my brother in law and my adorable sis in law)

My sweet T- oh how I love this boy!

T made a new best friend in my little niece Kiana- is it too early to begin arranging their marriage already?????My goodness could you even imagine how beautiful their kids would be???? oh- so I'm 20 years too early- but don't think it won't come up again...... Mwaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!!
The girls opening their gifts....
Kendyl in anticipation of what's inside....

I love this shot- Buddy with all four girls..... we have this shot almost every year- and it gets better every year- for a while it was only Oni & Kendyl, then added Gabbi and then Kiana...and they all get more beautiful everyday (yes, I know- I'm biased!)

I wish you all a wonderful New Year- and hope all of your wishes come true!

xoox D

2 comments:

Heidilynn said...

THANK YOU so much for inviting Thomas, T and I up for the New Year festivities... we had a great time. I think Thomas and TT are still recovering on their sleep. We had a great time. I wish I had snapped a few of you miss bubble outside at midnight, champagne in hand, waving TT and I to come out and light sparklers. You were the hostess!! Delicious cookin, music, Wii time, kid time at the neighbors, everyone seemed to bring in 2009 great. Thank you Thank you

Heidilynn said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of Buddy and the girls on his back. That would make a great onthe wall photo.