Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 Floods.....


Welcome to the flood of 2009...... I felt compelled to toss my camera in the car on my way out the door this morning to drive the kids to school.... wasn't going to chance the school bus transportation.... they had enough issues to deal with today.


I drove on down to Snohomish- as far as they would let you- the roads are closed in most areas here, and planes and helecopters buzzing over head since daybreak... news crews and looky-loos surveying the damage.
I usually scoff at folks like that- capitalizing on other's tragedy... sadly- today I was one them. I wanted to capture the power of the water and nature.... it's a very humbling experience. I felt guilty part of the time- as I watched hundreds of other people walking around with me- all looking sort of lost as they peered over the edge of the Snohomish River bridge and walked along First Ave. (is this how reporters feel all the time- if so- sorry for them- I couldn't do it...)







These things always seem to work themselves out... but it's hard to see how sometimes. Keep these folks who have been so dramatically affected in your thoughts- they will need them.

No comments: