Thursday, April 15, 2010

Post cards from home....

Postcards from home....

I look at some of the photos I've shot on my two recent trips to Idaho and I see quick glimpses of country- home- a simpler life and time.... gentleness and peace....

I had wanted to photograph my mom's service and her gorgeous urn- because that's how I usually do things... I go with my gut.... and I catch life through my lens- But I didn't do that- and now I regret it.

I try so hard to find beauty in the unexpected..... but I also figured that people would think I've finally snapped and cracked like an egg! So for Papa's service- I aked my family if I could do this and they all agreed it was fine....

And I'm also preparing for my first art exibit- I'll be showing with dad at US Bank on Main in G'ville over the 4th- so I needed some cowboy stock.

So here are a few shots from last weekend. I miss you Mom and Pappa!




2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Awesome pics Di. You'll do well at your show. Fourth of July did you say. I'll see what I can do about making an appearance.

Heidilynn said...

Oh girl... those are breath taking. I miss your momma too. Thank you for always capturing life unexpected, and for sharing your world with me. Much love. Heidi